Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Volume 16 , Issue 3 August Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
Bryn Mawr Classical Review
Email or Customer ID. Forgot password? Old Password.
- Nature morte: Une enquête de linspecteur-chef Armand Gamache (Actes noirs) (French Edition).
- Follow Me #1: Deadly Game;
- Drinkwater J.F. The Alamanni and Rome (Caracalla to Clovis) [PDF] - Все для студента!
- The Millionaire Messenger.
- 07.11.04, Drinkwater, Alamanni.
- Unersättlich - Einer ist nicht genug (5 Liebeskasper) (German Edition).
- Cathey on Drinkwater, 'The Alamanni and Rome 213–496: (Caracalla to Clovis)'.
New Password. Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed. Returning user.
PDF The Alamanni and Rome 213-496
Request Username Can't sign in? Some--Goths, Franks, Saxons--are well known, others less so.
The latter include the Alamanni, despite the fact that their name is found in the French "Allemagne" and Spanish "Alemania" for "Germany. John Drinkwater discovers the cause of their modern elusiveness in their high level of dependence on the Empire.
Far from being dangerous invaders, they were often the prey of emperors intent on acquiring military reputations. When much of the western Empire fell to the Franks, so did the Alamanni, without ever having produced their own "successor kingdom. Introduction 1. Prelude 2. Arrival 3.
The Alamanni and Rome 213-496: (Caracalla to Clovis)
Settlement 4. Society 5. Service 6. Conflict 7.
Table of contents for The Alamanni and Rome 213-496 (Caracalla to Clovis) / John F. Drinkwater.
Conflict 8. Conflict 9.
The Fifth Century. John F. Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. Academic Skip to main content.